08 Dec BBQ “Chicken-Free” Round Up Salad
(This recipe was adapted from my sweet friend, Katie’s @House-54 blog.)
***This recipe is great for lunch or dinner. You can make it as large as you want by increasing
the amount of romaine lettuce and other ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips (12oz.)
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (We use Stubbs or another certified GF brand)
- 1 large bag of romaine lettuce (with 3 heads of romaine lettuce in it)
- 1 cup organic black beans (We use the canned Eden Organic black beans), drain them
- 1 cup thawed organic sweet corn (We use Organic 365 frozen corn)
- 2 cups cooked (gluten-free) elbow or penne pasta (We use Tinkyada Organic gluten-free
- 1 cup shredded dairy-free cheese (We use the Daiya brand cheddar cheese block)
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Veganaise brand Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions (optional)
***We also like to top this salad with sliced avocados & banana peppers. The sky’s the
- Slice all the Chicken-free Strips into small cubes. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in medium skillet.
- Sauté the ‘chicken’ per package instructions.
- Pour 1 cup of BBQ sauce over cubed ‘chicken’. Stir & coat thoroughly. Turn heat to a LOW
simmer, so sauce will thicken.
- Chop romaine lettuce in small pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Toss corn, black beans, & (gluten-free) pasta in with the lettuce. I like to mix it all together
with my hands.
- Shred the Daiya cheese block into the salad and mix it again with your hands.
- Scoop the BBQ ‘chicken’ saucy mixture over the top of the salad. The heat will help melt the
- Pour a small amount of Veganaise Ranch dressing over the saucy ‘chicken’ and garnish with
tomatoes & scallions.
- Serve Immediately